For divorce or separate support and maintenance actions, you must file in

  1. the county where the defendant resides when you file,
  2. The county where the plaintiff resides if the defendant is a nonresident, or cannot be found after due diligence, or
  3. The county in which the parties last resided together as husband and wife, unless the plaintiff is a non-resident, then it must be filed in the county where the defendant resides.

See SECTION 20-3-60. Venue.