In South Carolina, family court orders can be enforced through contempt of court resulting in punishment “by a fine, by a public works sentence, or by imprisonment in a local detention facility, or by any combination of them, in the discretion of the court, but not to exceed imprisonment in a local detention facility for one year, a fine of fifteen hundred dollars, or public works sentence of more than three hundred hours, or any combination of them.”  S.C. Ann. Code §63-03-620 If your ex-spouse violates your divorce decree, you can file a Petition for Rule to Show Cause why your ex-spouse should be held in contempt of court.  The Rule to Show Cause must be verified or filed with an affidavit in support.